WE ARE EPIC
Epic Environmental is a leading environmental consultancy that leverages team culture and expertise to deliver innovative outcomes for our clients and the environment. We define ourselves by providing exceptional technical solutions while supporting our staff to challenge themselves and accelerate their careers.
We offer an exciting opportunity to develop and fast -track your career by working in an environment where you are encouraged to challenge yourself to think outside the box. If you are a Senior Hydrogeologist with a minimum of 5 to 8 years’ experience, we’d like to hear from you!
We are looking for a Senior Hydrogeologist to join the contaminated land team, to be based in our Brisbane or Sydney office.
Under the direction of our Team Leaders and Principal staff you will support the delivery of environmental projects with a focus on statutory approval processes, construction management and environmental compliance. Understanding of NSW and/ or QLD and Commonwealth environmental legislation is a requirement for this role. Core tasks will include researching literature & regulatory requirements, writing internal and client correspondence and reports and data interpretation & analysis. Fieldworks will be required from time to time.
- Tertiary qualifications from a recognised institution in water resources / hydrogeology / geology or related discipline or similar relevant degree.
- A minimum of 5 to 8+ years’ of demonstrated experience in groundwater resources, hydrogeological assessments, dewatering, groundwater monitoring, geochemistry, environmental assessments, and/or groundwater modelling.
- Working knowledge of relevant Qld and NSW Environmental legislation, relevant contaminated land guidelines and knowledge of National & Queensland groundwater legislation and policies, standards and guidelines
- A high level of competency in all aspects of groundwater field work is essential.
- Demonstrated understanding and application of the national technical framework such as NEPM (Assessment of Site Contamination).
- Demonstrated experience in assessment of contaminated land and water
- Experience in surface water and hydrological assessments is desirable
- Experience in construction, and/or mining and resource sector is desirable
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and experience in relevant environmental documentation.
- Strong client relationships and, business development skills.
- Demonstrated team player and able to self-motivate and take ownership of and be accountable for delivery of contaminated land tasks and projects.
- Challenge – We ask ourselves ‘is there a better way’
- Team Spirit – We work together as a team
- Down to Earth – We are privileged to do what we do
- Be the Best – We strive to be the best
- Personalised Service – We create value for our clients
- Work on challenging and rewarding projects across Australia that contribute to better environmental outcomes
- Feel trusted and empowered to take ownership of your projects and provide innovative solutions
- Work in a team with highly skilled, certified and respected Professional consultants
- Strong commitment to professional development including structured buddy & mentoring system, support for further studies, attaining certification, professional memberships & working with industry leaders
- Opportunities to shape not only your career but the direction of the company by involvement in designing and implementing the Strategic Plan
- Enjoying coming to work and working in a friendly and welcoming office environment & as part of a collaborative team culture that values flexibility and fun
- Regular social events and activities for team building (ping pong, baking, trivia – if it’s fun it’s Epic)
- Birthday day off.
Don’t believe us – check it out for yourself: https://au.linkedin.com/company/epic-environmental-pty-ltd
Please submit your CV and cover letter addressing the Epic Essentials to firstname.lastname@example.org (stating “Senior Hydrogeologist” in the subject line). Suitable candidates will be contacted within 1-2 weeks.
An attractive salary in line with level and experience can be negotiated. If you have any questions call 1800 779 363 and ask for David Harris for a confidential discussion.