Reminder: McEllhiney Lecture 2015 – Monday 12th October 2015 5:30pm – Sydney
IAH-NSW, the NGWA and their sponsors are proud to present this last presentation of the McEllhiney Lecture 2015 in Australia by Ronald B. Peterson (Baroid Industrial Drilling Products) on “Drilling Fluids: A Common Sense Approach“.
Ronald B. Peterson’s talk will cover the evolution of the water well industry with emphasis on drilling fluids and grouts, and the progress that has been made over time as technology and the understanding of drilling fluids has improved.
Topics to be covered in Ron’s presentation include:
- Evolution of the water well industry
- Importance of proper project planning and follow-through
- Functions of a drilling fluid
- Uses of bentonite focusing on its use as a basis for drilling fluids
- Development of other drilling fluid additives and their use to enhance the fluid properties
- Proper selection of a grout
- Development of grouts, and the issues and limitations in placement and in attaining a competent well seal.
Ron’s lecture will provide you with the basics for the proper planning, implementation, and follow-through of a well-designed drilling program with the goal of providing the best seal possible during the final well construction.
This McEllhiney Lecture is proudly sponsored Franklin Electric (National Ground Water Association) and our IAH-NSW Gold and Silver Sponsors. Please join us on Monday 12th October at 5:30pm for a 6pm start (Parsons Brinckerhoff offices, Ernst and Young Centre, Level 26 680 George Street, Sydney). For more information on the topic and the venue click here.