Principal Hydrogeologist/ Groundwater Modeller
WSP | Parsons Brinckerhoff have combined and are now one of the world’s leading engineering professional services consulting firms, bringing together our 34,000 staff, based in more than 500 offices, across 40 countries to provide engineering and multidisciplinary services in a vast array of industry sectors, with a focus on technical excellence and client service. Our goal is to be outstanding and we are passionate about remaining at the forefront of technical innovation. That means having the best people, projects and clients, and providing the best service, solutions and advice. Due to the continuous success of our Asia Pacific operations, we currently have an exciting opportunity for an experienced professional to ﬁll an integral role as a Principal Hydrogeologist/ Groundwater Modeller in our Sydney team. This role will see you providing a high-quality, technical leadership and capability to successfully manage/ lead projects with a hydrogeological analytical and/or modelling focus.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Bachelors Degree in Geology, Mathematics, Environmental Science or Engineering. Post-Graduate studies in Hydrogeology and Project Management would be highly regarded.
- Sound knowledge and understanding of hydrogeology, hydrogeological applications and groundwater modelling techniques (conceptual, analytical and numerical model development); and have strengths in computer based data analysis (including GIS), management and manipulation of large data sets.
- Knowledge and understanding of environmental management issues, principles and government policy (State and Federal); particularly related to mining, oil and gas (including CSG), groundwater resource management, Impact assessment, and water resource sustainability (including aquifer interference policy and groundwater accounting).
- Proven skills in groundwater modelling packages (i.e. Groundwater Vistas, Visual MODFLOW, GMS) and the use of model predictive uncertainty analysis, sensitivity analysis and PEST calibration methods. A knowledge of ArcGIS, GoldSim, ESdat, MT3DMS and AnAqSim, modelling software would also be considered highly advantageous.
- Demonstrated ability to write high-quality technical reports on hydrogeological analysis and modelling.
- Strong experience in managing client relationships and expectations; leading and/ or contributing to winning proposals for hydrogeology / groundwater projects; proven capability in obtaining repeat work from clients.
As an experienced Principal Hydrogeologist/ Groundwater Modeller at WSP | Parsons Brinckerhoff, you will:
- Successfully (and autonomously) manage projects with a hydrogeological analytical and/or modelling focus whilst also developing the skills of junior modellers;
- Prepare and review complex and sophisticated hydrogeological analyses, analytical and numerical groundwater models and reports to support delivery of high quality, cost effective and timely outcomes; with a focus in the areas of groundwater impact assessments, mine inflow and dewatering, slope stability investigations, construction excavation and groundwater resource assessments;
- Support Senior/ Executive Management across the company to ensure full implementation of market and client strategies, creating high levels of client service and opportunity. In particular delivery of key tasks in support of Projects activities and develop strong project-level client relationships;
- Provide technically sound and professional reports and papers (including recommendations), and explain findings/ make recommendations to Project Managers, the Capability Executive and external Clients and Stakeholders (including regulatory agencies).
At WSP and Parsons Brinckerhoff, you’ll be part of a supportive organisation that encourages continued development through structured technical/management training, global and local practice networks and wellbeing programs.
If you’re ready to join a leader in the engineering consulting world, then it’s time to apply. To express your interest please email your resume to Ngaio Spencer by clicking on the following Link. Your application will be treated in strict confidence. Large Firm of the Year’ at Consult Australia’s 2013 and 2014 Awards for Excellence
WSP | Parsons Brinckerhoff support a diverse and inclusive work environment as well as equal employment opportunities. We encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and people of culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Please note we will not be engaging the services of recruitment agencies for this role.