The IAH Groundwater Industry Awards recognises outstanding contribution in six categories. Awards will be announced and presented at the AGC2021 conference dinner. Nominations close 6 Aug 2021. Please nominate yourself, a colleague or peer!
The IAH Groundwater Industry Awards six categories are:
1. Groundwater industry excellence
2. IAH groundwater innovation and technology
3. IAH groundwater professional
4. IAH young professional
5. IAH student award
6. Best groundwater photo
1: Groundwater industry excellence
An individual or group that has been made a significant contribution to a groundwater project that has:
- Achieved (or is set to achieve) an improvement in the quality, understanding of, sustainability of or utility of a groundwater resource.
- Met challenges by applying some or all of the following qualities: strong technical rigour; stakeholder consultation and engagement; team collaboration; project management skills; and persistence.
- Been largely finalised within the last 24 months that was conducted in (or that has relevance to) Australasia.
2: IAH groundwater innovation and technology
An individual or group that has:
- Presented the hydrogeology community with new knowledge or technology with application in the groundwater industry; and/or
- Demonstrated effective communication of new findings and their value to industry.
3: IAH groundwater professional
An individual that has:
- Made a significant contribution to the groundwater industry over their career.
- Shared their knowledge with the greater groundwater community, including IAH technical presentations and training.
- Advanced the knowledge of peers in the industry – including formal and informal mentoring.
- Advanced groundwater regulations, practices, technologies, research, sampling, testing and/or assessments.
4: IAH young professional
A groundwater professional with ≤5 years’ experience in the industry, currently living and/or working in Australia/Australasia, that has:
- Sought to increase their personal knowledge in hydrogeology.
- Advanced the knowledge of peers in the industry.
- Demonstrated success in their role on a project involving groundwater.
- Involved themselves in hydrogeology events and knowledge transfer opportunities, including IAH events, conferences, organising committees.
5: IAH student award
An Australasian undergraduate or postgraduate student that:
- Exhibits a high level of academic success and enthusiasm in the field of hydrogeology; and/or
- Have demonstrated hydrogeology skills in a project area or other area of research.
6: Best groundwater photo
An individual’s photo that represents:
- A novel, elegant or dramatic means of visualising groundwater; and/or
- The nature and purpose of the groundwater industry.
- Description to be inserted into abstract box
Nominations are to be sent to email@example.com