With the upcoming Australasian Groundwater Conference in Perth this November, it is also time for the IAH Groundwater Awards, to recognise and award those that have made an outstanding contribution to groundwater.
Award nominees and winners will be announced and presented at the AGC2022 conference dinner. Nominations close midnight, Friday 2 September 2022. Please nominate yourself, a colleague or peer!
The IAH Groundwater Industry Awards recognise outstanding contribution in six categories:
1. Groundwater industry excellence
2. IAH groundwater innovation and technology
3. IAH groundwater professional
4. IAH Early Career
5. IAH student award
6. Best groundwater photo
1: Groundwater industry excellence
An individual or group that has been made a significant contribution to a groundwater project that has:
- Achieved (or is set to achieve) an improvement in the quality, understanding of, sustainability of or utility of a groundwater resource.
- Met challenges by applying some or all of the following qualities: strong technical rigour; stakeholder consultation and engagement; team collaboration; project management skills; and persistence.
- Been largely finalised within the last 24 months that was conducted in (or that has relevance to) Australasia.
2: IAH groundwater innovation and technology
An individual or group that has:
- Presented the hydrogeology community with new knowledge or technology with application in the groundwater industry; and/or
- Demonstrated effective communication of new findings and their value to industry.
3: IAH groundwater professional
An individual that has:
- Made a significant contribution to the groundwater industry over their career.
- Shared their knowledge with the greater groundwater community, including IAH technical presentations and training.
- Advanced the knowledge of peers in the industry – including formal and informal mentoring.
- Advanced groundwater regulations, practices, technologies, research, sampling, testing and/or assessments.
4: IAH early career professional
A groundwater professional with ≤5 years’ experience in the industry, currently living and/or working in Australia/Australasia, that has:
- Sought to increase their personal knowledge in hydrogeology.
- Actively engage with peers in the industry.
- Demonstrated success in their role on a project involving groundwater.
5: IAH student award
An Australasian undergraduate or postgraduate student that:
- Exhibits a high level of academic success and enthusiasm in the field of hydrogeology; and/or
- Have demonstrated hydrogeology skills in a project area or other area of research.
6: Best groundwater photo
An individual’s photo that represents:
- A novel, elegant or dramatic means of visualising groundwater; and/or
- The nature and purpose of the groundwater industry.
- Description to be inserted into abstract box
To find out more please visit: https://agc2022.com.au/iah-awards/