Due to the evolving Coronavirus (COVID-19) situation, the Organising Committee of the Australasian Groundwater Conference 2021 have made the difficult decision to postpone the Conference until 2022.
The new dates of the Conference will be 21–23 November 2022 and it will still be held at the Perth Convention Exhibition Centre.
While we have a fantastic program planned, including incredible speakers, the COVID-19 situation across Australia remains a health risk for our members. We consulted with the hydrogeology community and the feedback was that, although a virtual or hybrid conferences is possible, IAH members strongly value the opportunity to meet and network face-to-face. Therefore, the conference will continue to be held as an in-person event.
What does this mean for you? We have collated a simple list to ensure all items on your Conference checklist are covered:
- If you have submitted an abstract, the Scientific Committee will review this abstract and provide feedback when we recommence planning in 2022. If you wish to edit or withdraw the abstract in the meantime, please contact the Conference Managers to do this.
- All registrations will be automatically transferred to the 2022 Conference.
- Any accommodation booked through us as the Conference Managers will be rebooked for the new dates. If you need to alter the dates of your booking, please contact the Conference Managers at firstname.lastname@example.org
- If accommodation was not booked through us as the Conference Managers, please ensure you contact them to rebook or cancel.
- If you have booked flights make sure to rebook your flights or claim your flight credit.
If you are an invited speaker or sponsor and exhibitor, please be aware that we have emailed you on the next steps. If you have not received this email yet, please contact the Conference Managers directly.
If you have any questions that have not been answered, please give us a call on +61 8 9486 2000 or email us at email@example.com for accommodation and registration queries, or firstname.lastname@example.org for all other enquiries.
Save the new date to your calendar!
We want to see you in Perth in November 2022.
Abstract submissions will remain open
Abstract submissions for the AGC 2022 program will remain open and we will communicate a new submission deadline in 2022. Abstract topics will continue to be:
- Groundwater management
- Groundwater modelling
- Groundwater monitoring and measurement
- Social and Indigenous hydrogeology
- Groundwater in mining
- Groundwater in the environment
- Groundwater hydrochemistry