This opportunity has now closed.
The National Centre for Groundwater Research and Training (NCGRT) is seeking Expressions of Interest from the brightest minds from a wide range of science, engineering and social science disciplines to undertake a variety of groundwater PhDs across the country. NCGRT headquartered at Flinders University has 13 University partners who are in the top echelons of university rankings for water resources in the world. The PhD research positions offer a once in a lifetime opportunity to learn and work alongside some of the worlds most revered groundwater scholars and renowned influential thinkers. You will conduct innovative research addressing the most pressing contemporary issues in groundwater science, management and policy.
Research areas of interest: Hydrodynamics and Modelling of Groundwater Systems, Surface water –Groundwater Interactions, Groundwater-Vegetation- Groundwater Dependent Ecosystems, Geochemistry, Integrating Socioeconomics and Decision Support, Characterisation of Aquifers and Aquitards etc.
The Australian Government Research Training Program Scholarships (Domestic) are awarded on the basis of academic merit and research potential to enable suitably qualified applicants to undertake full-time study towards a research higher degree (Master’s degree by research or Doctorate by research). NCGRT is seeking expressions of interest to work with our leading researchers on variety of exciting projects.
The scholarship pays an indexed stipend of $27,082 pa tax free for full-time study; or $13,541 pa taxable for part-time study (2018) and includes a Research Training Program place, which provides an off-set for tuition fees for up to 4 years, and generous allowances and leave provisions.
Awards will normally only be available to those who:
- Are Australian citizens; or permanent residents of Australia; or New Zealand citizens;
- Have completed at least four years of tertiary education studies at a high level of achievement and have an appropriate Honours 1 (or equivalent) undergraduate degree;
- Are enrolling as full-time students (part-time awards are available in certain circumstances);
- Will commence or are continuing a Master’s degree by research or Doctorate by research;
- Have had their candidature accepted in the area in which they propose to undertake their studies.
This award will not be available to students who have held a Commonwealth Government-funded postgraduate research award previously unless it was terminated within three months of it being awarded.