This the first of a series of workshops examining the stratigraphy and hydrogeology of the major sedimentary basins in SA. The Murray Basin is the first on the list.
The workshop includes:
• Examination of core samples of the major sedimentary units
• Presentations on the geological history, structure and processes
• Viewing 3D visualisations of the surfaces of the major sedimentary units
• Discussion of the hydrogeology of the three major aquifers
• A data package of key geological and hydrogeological reports and GIS coverages of sedimentary surfaces and hydrogeology (salinity and potentiometric surfaces)
WHEN – Friday, March 2nd at 9.30 am to 3.00 pm
WHERE – South Australia Drill Core Reference Library. 5 Tonsley Boulevard, Tonsley, SA.
COST – Workshop only (course notes, morning tea, lunch) $ 50. Workshop and data pack (reports, GIS data) $ 200. Delegates can choose the workshop only option and/or workshop plus data package
REGISTRATION – http://www.groundwater.com.a u/events/1129
For further information, contact Steve Barnett on 08 8463 6950 or email@example.com