I hope you had a nice Christmas/New Year break! The first IAH Queensland branch event for this year will be held on Wednesday 15th February from 5:00pm. Dr Sue Vink from the University of Queensland will be giving a presentation on the “3D CSG Water Atlas Portal” (see details below). This event will be held at QUT, Garden’s Point campus – in building “D”, room D108.
- The 3D CSG Water Atlas Features Include:
- Virtual globe navigation – including map imagery and terrain;
- “Ground push” to expose the sub-surface features;
- Visualisation and search of wells (provided by Groundwater Database);
- Visualisation of geological surface models;
- Browsing the metadata of well registration, stratigraphy, casing, aquifer and water analysis;
- Application runs in WebGL compliant Web browsers without additional plugins or software.
- Come see the Water Atlas working and how you can hop on line and use if yourself for free
Please RSVP by COB 13th February – for catering purposes (refreshments will be served after the presentation at a charge of $5 for members and $10 for non-members). IAH membership registration is now open for the 2017 calendar year:https://www.iah.org.au/membership/
Dr Lucy Reading
Thanks to the 4 companies who have agreed to sponsor the Queensland Branch of the IAH for the 2016/2017 financial year. These companies are: